Embassy warns U.S. nationals in Kuwait
The Embassy of the USA in Kuwait City has warned American citizens in Kuwait to be vigilant against possible terror attacks after the arrest of people suspected of planning to attack an American military camp in this country. In a message on the embassy's Web site Tuesday, the State Department stated there are indications that "terror" groups seek to carry out attacks against American interests in the Middle East, including Kuwait. "The Department of State remains concerned about the continued threat of terrorist attacks and other violent actions against U.S. citizens and interests overseas," the U.S. embassy in said.
According to the AP, last week Kuwaiti authorities announced the arrest of six fundamentalists linked to al-Qaeda who were planning to attack a major U.S. military camp and other targets.
- US State Department issues terror alert regarding Arab Gulf and Arabian Peninsula region
- Kuwait: American Embassy warns US citizens from possible attacks
- US Embassy calls on American citizens in Saudi Arabia to increase awareness against al-Qaeda attacks
- US Calls Off Warning to Nationals in Morocco
- Report: Kuwaiti ‘Terror’ Group may be Linked to Cole Bombers