Emir of Kuwait Adorns Arab Sat Informatics Medal 2009
Emir of Kuwait, Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah has awarded today Informatics Medal 2009 to Arab Sat, the leading satellite services provider in the Arab world, for the outstanding role it plays in connecting the Arab world with the latest modern technology.
The award manager, Dr. Khalil Abul, said: “Arab Sat fully deserved Informatics Medal 2009 as a compensation for the vital role in developing the visual media in the Arab world, enriching it with satellite networks communications.”
Dr. Abul illustrated that Arab Sat, being committed to stay at the forefront of best-in-class satellite services in the MENA region, has managed to reach more than 164 million viewers in 80 countries from around the world, linking the Arab World’s via top-notch telecommunication and digital broadcasting technologies.
Informatics Award 9th round awarding ceremony, which is set-up by the organizers of Salem Al Ali Informatics Award, includes honoring 18 winners coming from Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Syria, United Arab Emirates, Egypt, and Algeria.
Participating governmental organizations were also awarded, chiefly: the Ministry of Information, Kuwait News Agency KUNA, in addition to academic bodies, research centers, civic institutions, and the awards working teams.
It is worth mentioning that the board of trustees began offering Informatics Medal in 2007. It is the highest award that could be offered in the informatics development field. It was awarded to Dr. Ahmad Naheef, Egypt’s Prime Minister, in 2007 and Alexandria’s Library in Egypt, in 2008.
- Sheikh Salem Al-Ali Al-Sabah Informatics Award Registration to Close January 31st
- Registration Continues in H.H. Sheik Salem Al-Ali Al-Sabah Informatics Award until the End of the Current Month
- Registration to Sheikh Salem Al Ali Al Sabah Informatics Award Exceed Expectations
- Salem Al-Ali Award Continues Registering Volunteers to Manage the 9th Round
- Emir of Kuwait, Inaugurates the Honoring Ceremony of the 9th ‘Sheikh Salem Al-Ali Al-Sabah Informatics Award’