Essebsi officially wins Tunisian elections
Voter turnout, the commission added, stood at 60.11 percent of the country's registered voters. (AFP/File)
Beji Caid Essebsi of the Nidaa Tounes party was declared winner of Tunisia's presidential runoff with 55.68 percent of the vote, the country's electoral commission announced Monday.
His rival, outgoing President Moncef Marzouki, came in second with 44.32 percent, the commission said.
Voter turnout, the commission added, stood at 60.11 percent of the country's registered voters.
- Tunisia election polls indicate victory for anti-Islamist Beji Caid Essebsi
- Tunisian forces disperse post-election protests
- Ukraine: Yushchenko declared official winner of vote
- Final and official presidential election: Bouteflika wins 84.99 percent of votes
- Tunisia announces presidential runoff election date