Etihad Provides Emergency Aid Relief to Pakistan’s Earthquake Victims
Etihad Crystal Cargo, the Cargo division of Etihad Airways, is playing a vital role in providing free shipments of urgent aid relief to the earthquake devastated regions in Pakistan.
A number of Etihad Airways’ flights have now departed from Abu Dhabi for Karachi since last Thursday – and have transported more than 39 tons of humanitarian aid collected from the Pakistan Embassy.
“It is important that immediate help is provided to the suffering people of Pakistan – and we are truly thankful for this much needed aid that consists of food, medical supplies and other materials” said Imran Haider, Head of Chancery at the Pakistan Embassy in the UAE.
“Time is vital, and in a tragedy such as this, Etihad Crystal Cargo can use its flexibility, expertise and international infrastructure to assist in the transfer of humanitarian aid,” said Ingo Roessler, Vice President Etihad Crystal Cargo.
The airline has confirmed that it will continue its support in providing further relief.
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, is the world’s fastest growing airline and currently flies to 17 destinations in the Middle East, Europe, and Asia.
Together with its divisions Etihad Holidays and Etihad Crystal Cargo, Etihad Airways is changing the way people see the world.
- A330-200F deployed to Pakistan for inaugural charter
- National Air Cargo Teams Up With Admiral Jeremiah Denton Foundation to Send School Supplies to Iraq
- UAE Donor Organizations provide AED26.4 million in Emergency Aid to Haiti Earthquake Victims
- Pakistan sends relief aid to Iranian earthquake victims
- UPS SHIPS SEVEN TONS OF RELIEF MATERIALS TO PAKISTAN EARTHQUAKE VICTIMS