Etihad to support worldwide premiere Of ‘My Name Is Khan’
Etihad Airways today announced it would support the Indian Bollywood film ‘My name is Khan,’ -in association with Fox Star Studios, Twentieth Century Fox International, Imagenation Abu Dhabi and Empire International - flying in the film’s major stars Kajol Devgan and Shah Rukh Khan, the film’s Director Karan Johar, and additional members of the cast and crew to Abu Dhabi for the movie’s worldwide premiere on Wednesday.
Etihad’s television commercial and branding will appear at the film premiere, and the airline will run a competition for members of its Loyalty program, Etihad Guest, offering two lucky couples the chance to meet the film’s stars. The airline will also fly members of the cast and crew to Germany for the movie’s European premiere the following day.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad’s chief commercial officer said: “Etihad is proud of its array of arts and cultural sponsorships and we are committed to helping bring interesting cultural events to Abu Dhabi. India is an important market for Etihad, and we are pleased to help promote the film in this region and further afield in Europe.”
‘My name is Khan,’ follows the story of Rizvan Khan, an honourable Muslim man from India, living with Asperger’s Syndrome. It has been described as a powerful journey through a contemporary America that is as complex as the terrain of the human heart.
The worldwide premiere will take place at Emirates Palace Hotel. Red carpet interviews and activities will commence at 6.15pm.
- stars swarm the los angeles premiere of dreamworks animation’s “bee movie” arriving in volkswagen “bee-tles”
- Premiere of Ismail Saidi’s Movie “Far From Eyes” in Brussels
- Parmigiani fleurier hosts Hollywood premiere of “GET LOW”
- Etihad Airways announces new appointments within global sales team
- Justice is served: Katy Perry's Muslim-offending music video edited following worldwide petition