Etisalat Starts 'Breaking News' Service
Emirates Telecommunications Corporation, Etisalat, has expanded its value-added services by launching an SMS 'breaking news' service.
The latest service, which offers mobility and flexibility to mobile phone subscribers, is being introduced in conjunction with Etisalat's local content provider, Info2cell, the UAE’s official news agency (WAM) said.
“Subscribers will receive news via SMS text messages in English directly," according to the agency, which said the service was open to mobile subscribers at Dh10 a month, for which they would receive SMS messages with no connection charge.
Etisalat came into being on August 30 1976. The corporation provides telecommunications services to the UAE and is one of the leading service providers in the Middle East.
Etisalat was one of the first firms to introduce mobile telephones in the Middle East in 1982 and launched the GSM Service in September 1994. The subscriber base of 130,000 at the end of 1996 stands currently at 1.6 million – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Stay on top of the game with Etisalat’s special 2010 World Cup mobile services and fun-filled activities across UAE
- Emirates NBD signs agreement with Etisalat for Managed WAN Services
- Info2cell.com expands SMS news services for UAE subscribers
- Etisalat offers Double More reward points to online services' users
- Etisalat connects Manchester City Supporters