Etisalat Unit Introduces Digital Business User Certificates
A division of Emirates Telecommunications Corp. (Etisalat), Comtrust, has introduced business certificates that allow individuals to send digitally signed messages, reported the Gulf News.
The certificates, which also enable others to send encrypted e-mail to the holder, are intended for organizations looking for a secure method of online messaging and transactions.
The certificates can be distributed to employees and business partners.
Besides the name of the individual, the certificates also bear the name of the organization and the unit.
"We expect the main customers will be banks, large organizations, financial institutions and legal consultants," general manager Omran Al Owais said.
An organization can buy 20, 50, 100, 200 or more certificates with a year's validity. They can be used as part of the Comtrust SecureAccess package, which will be launched shortly – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Ministry of Economy issued 139,000 Certificates of Origin in 2009
- UNFT distributes certificates for training programs
- Internet Subscribers in UAE Can Pay Bills Online
- Ministry of Economy to launch e-Payment service for Gulf Certificates of Origin on April 25
- Etisalat’s E-Commerce Unit Begins Regional Expansion