EU Envoy Denies he Conveyed Message from Sharon to Assad
European Union Middle East envoy, Miguel Moratinos denied on Saturday that he conveyed a message from Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon to Syrian President Bashar Assad to conduct secret talks between the two countries, reported the official KUNA news agency.
Moratinos, who arrived in Damascus Saturday, said that talks with the President and Foreign Minister Farouq Shara focused only on the Palestinian Intifada and the recent Arab summit that was held in Amman last week – Albawaba.com
- Moratinos Says he Conveys ‘Good Will’ Message from Sharon to Assad
- Olmert denies getting message from Syrian president
- Israeli Arab Cabinet Minister to Convey Message from Sharon to Jordan’s Monarch
- US Envoy Conveys to Sharon Palestinian 'Approval' to Hold Security Meetings; PA Official Denies Agreement
- Assad denies Syria ''isolated'', dismisses Israeli reports on ''secret talks''