EU officer killed in Syria
A member of the EU's delegation in Syria has been killed in a rocket attack.
Ahmad Shihadeh was killed in a rocket attack in a Damascus suburb where he had lived. He had been performing humanitarian work when the attack took place.
The attack happened on Tuesday and it remains unknown who was behind the rocket assault. Contrasting reports have emerged about the incident in Darayya, a suburb of Damascus. The UK-based Syrian Observatory of Human Rights claimed that the government had shelled the area, whilst local activist group (LCC) claimed that two surface-to-surface missiles had landed there on Tuesday night.
- Syria: At least 20 dead as Central Bank building attacked
- For first time: Mortar attack on the embassy district in Damascus
- Thai worker in Israel killed by Gaza rocket attack
- Syrian army planes bomb Damascus suburb, violating rebel-regime truce
- Regime rocket attack kills 'at least seven' in central Syria