EU to Undertake Initiative to End Fisheries Dispute with Morocco
European commissioner for fisheries, Franz Fishler, will undertake a new diplomatic initiative to end the Morocco-European Union deadlock over fisheries, Maghreb Arabe Presse (MAP) reported Monday.
Fishler’s initiative comes after the failure of last week’s discussions over a new fisheries agreement between Morocco and the European Union, MAP said.
Meanwhile, Morocco's professional organizations of seamen and ship owners in Andalusia (southern Spain) have decided to launch starting December 25th a new campaign to block the passage of Moroccan products transiting Spain on their way to Europe.
They threatened these actions will go on until a fisheries agreement that suits their interests is concluded with Morocco, the agency said, adding that they also called the government to use “retaliation“ measures, such as stiffening health control measures against products transiting the Spanish ports -- Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- EU Expects Agreement with Morocco on Fisheries Next Week
- Morocco\'s ASPAM Call on Madrid to Guarantee Safety of Transported Products
- Morocco, EU to Resume Technical Talks Over Fisheries
- Minister: Morocco Hopes to Break Deadlock with EU over Fishing
- Fischler: EAFC in Close Contact with Morocco on Fisheries