Euphoria at B_ASEMENT Gallery with paintings by Iranian artist Ali Akbar Sadeghi
Representing a world of happiness, the Euphoria exhibition by Iranian artist Ali Akbar Sadeghi will take centre stage at the BASEMENT gallery in Dubai’s Al Quoz district from 28 July to 9 August.
The exhibition is the second solo exhibition of the BASEMENT’s first season of exhibitions, since its opening on 16 June, and it will include oil paintings, dramatically displayed in large frames.
Ali Akbar was born in Iran in 1937 and he studied at the College of Art, at the University of Tehran. His style is derived from Iranian surrealism and he uses Iranian iconography, and Persian cultural motifs, signs and myths. Although his early paintings were in watercolor, he expanded his artistic flair to oil painting and drawing. His work covers many mediums, he has worked as an illustrator, graphic artist, and animator. He has also published a few books for the Center for the Development of Children and the Youth.
“Ali Akbar’s work presents a kaleidoscope of colours and emotions and it is a refreshing exhibition for Dubai. As one of Iran’s most prolific artists, Ali Akbar is inspired by the traditional Iranian art techniques, with a conspicuous decorative style,” said Baharak Raoufi, one of the founders of the BASEMENT gallery.
About B_ASEMENT Gallery
BASEMENT gallery is a new art space in Dubai’s Al Quoz district, highlighting the works of both emerging and established Iranian and Arab as well as European artists.
- B_ASEMENT Gallery Opens its Doors Next Week with its First Exhibition of Emerging Iranian Talent
- Iranian master Hannibal Alkhas makes Dubai debut at B_ASEMENT Gallery
- B_ASEMENT Gallery Uncovers Emerging Artists
- Celebrated French Artist Benoit Rondard Brings Innovative Art to the Middle East Market at B_ASEMENT Gallery
- Featuring the work of the Jordanian artist Lubna Kanaan in Zara Gallery's