Experts: No Bird Flu in Yemen
Officials and experts from the Ministry of Agriculture & Irrigation confirmed that Yemen is free from the virus of Bird Flu sweeping a number of Asian countries.
General Manager of Animal Wealth in the Ministry, Dr. Ghalib Al-Iriani was quoted Thursday by 26 September newspaper that a workshop was equipped to follow up cases through internet, and an intensive meeting was held with experts working for Animal Health Department and Veterinary Lab.
Al-Iriani added that among measures taken in this respect were the ban of importing livestock from any country the disease is suspected to spread in.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- US directs US$11 million to help Yemen agricultural sector
- UAE Ministry of Agriculture to Lift Ban on Livestock From Pakistan, Saudi Arabia
- Japan Meat Banned from Entering the UAE
- Gulf States Impose Meat Bans to Guard against Rift Valley Fever
- Jordan Denies it Banned Meat Imports from Palestinian Territories