Exploring art and design from the Islamic world through textiles and patterns
This week, families and students from the UAE are participating in hands-on textile and pattern workshops organised by Tourism Development & Investment Company (TDIC)’s cultural department in partnership with the Prince’s School of Traditional Arts (PSTA) about nomadic and Islamic textiles.
The five day workshop supports the recently opened exhibition A Story of Islamic Embroidery in Nomadic and Urban Traditions on view at Gallery One, Emirates Palace until 28 July 2010. Led by three expert instructors from the PSTA, the workshop introduces participants to a study of pattern and traditional design in nomadic textiles and the principles of design in Islamic textiles.
The three week-long, PSTA workshops are also scheduled for the 20- 24 of June 2010 and 11- 15 July 2010. To register, call 02 6908207 or email email@example.com.
- TDIC to extend region’s first comprehensive exhibition of Islamic embroidery
- TDIC and the prince of wales’ school of traditional arts to shape contemporary Abu Dhabi
- Lecture: Threads of History: Embroidered and Woven Textiles of the Abbasid and Fatimid Caliphates
- TDIC awarded 'The Asset Triple A Best Deal – Middle East'
- Abu Dhabi brings art-world leaders together