Explosion outside Home of Lebanese Police officer
A bomb exploded outside the home of a police officer in southern Lebanon Wednesday, destroying two walls and wounding a neighbor, Lebanese security officials said.
The blast occurred in the southern port city of Sidon outside the house of Ali Niimeh, a warrant officer with the judicial police who recently took part in the arrest of a Palestinian man accused of selling stolen cars, according to AP.
The man, Ali Abu Zmirrin, had been detained a month ago in the Palestinian refugee camp of Ein el-Hilweh, some 1.2 miles from Niimeh's house. The security officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the bomb went off at 6:30 a.m. as Niimeh, his wife and three children were asleep.
The explosion knocked down two walls and shattered the glass in Niimeh's house, however no damage was reported in the bedroom where the family slept. The officials said a neighbor, Jawaher Kassem, was injured by a glass shard. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Lebanese Injured in Blast Outside Qatar Airways Office in Beirut
- Egypt militants set off bombs outside home of judge in Brotherhood trial
- Suitcase bomb explodes outside refugee office in Germany
- Device Explodes outside Socialist Party Offices in Basque Country
- Bomb explosion in Cairo kills two police officers