Explosions kill four Iraqis, wound others
Explosions killed four Iraqis and wounded five others, it was reported Friday.
Overnight, the U.S. military reported soldiers of the 101st Airborne Division witnessed two Iraqis killed as they were trying to place a roadside bomb in Kirkuk. Two other Iraqis were killed south of Tikrit when a bomb exploded at a traffic circle.
Also Friday, attackers in a car hurled a hand grenade at two U.S. Army vehicles outside the Al-Karma Hotel in Baghdad, witnesses said. Five Iraqis, including four teenagers, were wounded. No American soldiers were hurt.
The U.S. Central Command reported, meanwhile, that a soldier drowned in a swimming pool in Baghdad on Friday. (Albawaba.com)
- Blasts kill six American troops, two Iraqi civilians as three Iraqi fighters shot dead near Tikrit
- Five Iraqis, four occupation soldiers killed in attacks
- US Army: 15 soldiers killed in Iraq since Friday
- Four Iraqis, U.S. soldier killed in separate explosions north of Baghdad
- Iraq: Three US soldiers killed, seven wounded in separate incidents