FASTtelco to Become first to launch a public Cisco TelePresence Room in the Gulf Region
Cisco announced today that FASTtelco, the leading telecom Service Provider in Kuwait, will launch the first public Cisco TelePresence® room in Kuwait and the Gulf region in July 2010. The public TelePresence room will be hosted in the Sheraton Kuwait, a Luxury Collection hotel. Connectivity will be delivered by Tata Communications, a leading provider of the new world of communications, to hundreds of public TP rooms powered by Tata Communications partners worldwide through its Cisco-certified TelePresence network consisting of hosted and managed service within private networks.
The new FASTtelco public TelePresence facility will enable consumers and businesses in Kuwait to minimize their travel time and expenses by delivering a live, immersive, face-to-face experience enabled via the network as Cisco’s TelePresence solution allows users to enjoy real-time communication and collaborate with colleagues, customers, and partners, even if they are thousands of miles apart, in a different city or location around the world. A Cisco TelePresence meeting is as simple as making a phone call. Participants sit down at the conference table in one Cisco TelePresence room, while other participants, in a location which can be thousands of miles away, appear to be sitting across the table.
Highlights / Key Facts:
• Customers will be able to purchase time in the FASTtelco TelePresence room on an hourly or daily basis. The room will be installed with a Cisco TelePresence System 3010 which allows up to six people to connect simultaneously with up to 48 locations. The system comprises three 65-inch plasma screens and a specially designed physical table that seats 6 participants on each side of the virtual table. It also features additional LCD displays for sharing rich media content and other data using simple auto-collaborate functionality as well as integrated cameras, lights and microphones so that speakers use less power.
• The ‘real life’ meeting experience provided by Cisco TelePresence is delivered through ultra-high resolution video that reveals subtle facial expressions conveying nonverbal reactions. Spatial audio allows the transmission of every nuance of the conversation and participants to interact as they would in person.
• FASTtelco’s public TelePresence solution at the Sheraton Kuwait, a Luxury Collection hotel will help to save time, costs and boost productivity by reducing or eliminating the need to travel thereby facilitating a ‘greener’ environment by reducing its carbon footprint. It will also offer increased flexibility to both businesses and individuals in Kuwait to conduct business meetings or sensitive negotiations like job interviews; collaborate with remote customers, partners, or suppliers; orchestrate training for employees or manage remote employees; conduct focus groups and market research; facilitate ‘face-to-face’ collaboration between industry or academic colleagues on research projects between locations around the world.
- Pepsico Strengthens Cross-Company Collaboration With Bt And Cisco Telepresence
- Ooredoo Kuwait to purchase 99% of FASTtelco’s shares
- Cisco TelePresence Solution launches in Algeria
- Etisalat partners with Tata Communications and Cisco to launch UAE’s first Public TelePresence room at the Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC)
- Cisco TelePresence Service Launches in Tunisia