Fatah official killed in refugee camp in Lebanon
The Fatah party controls the West Bank. (AFP/File)
Masked gunmen shot and killed a Fatah Movement official in the Palestinian refugee camp of Ain el-Hilweh Monday, security sources told The Daily Star.
Col. Jamil Zaydan was shot 17 times while he was walking toward his house, a medical source at the hospital where he was transferred said.
Security forces deployed heavily in the camp and launched an investigation into the shooting incident.
- Funeral bombing, shootings continue to paralyze Lebanon's Ain Al Hilweh
- Official: Fatah and PLO have "lost control" of Palestinian refugee camps in Lebanon
- Firefights in Lebanon's largest refugee camp; at least two reported killed
- Brother of Fatah official shot in Ain el-Hilweh refugee camp
- Lebanon: One soldier, few Fatah-Islam fighters killed in camp clashes