Fateh Denies Involvement in December\'s Tel Aviv Bombing
A senior Fateh official in the West Bank said Monday that the organization's leadership had not ordered its activists to carry out attacks against Israelis within the borders of Israel, denying claims that the organization was behind the Tel Aviv bus bombing that injured at least 13 people in December, according to Haaretz newspaper.
AFP reported Sunday that Israeli security services have arrested a Jordanian who was recruited by Fateh's military wing as a prime suspect in the attack.
Abdullah Abu Jaber, 25, was arrested the day after the bombing attack on December 28, which left 13 injured, Israeli police said in a statement quoted by the agency.
Jaber has confessed to the crime, the police statement said -- (Several Sources)
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli Police Dismantle Bomb in Main Tel Aviv Street
- Tel Aviv bus bombing suspect is arrested
- Islamic Jihad claims Tel Aviv bombing
- Fatah, PFLP claim bombing attack at train station near Tel Aviv: One Israeli killed, at least 16 injured
- PFLP Says Tel Aviv Bombings Carried Out to Avenge Killing of Five Palestinians