Fateh Official Escapes Assassination Bid in Sidon
A Fateh official in the southern Lebanese port city of Sidon on Sunday escaped an assassination bid in which a bomb was concealed in a bouquet of flowers, a Palestinian security source said.
The bouquet was placed outside Khaled Aaraf's front door in the city on Sunday while he and his family were out of the house, the source told AFP.
A neighbor warned the Fateh official on his cellphone and one of his bodyguards called in the Lebanese army, which discovered the device.
Two Fateh officials have been killed for unknown reasons in south Lebanon.
One was killed about ten days ago, while the other was killed in May in the Ain Helweh refugee camp – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian Fateh Member Escapes Assassination Attempt outside Lebanon Camp
- Fateh Official Escapes Assassination Attempt in Israeli Helicopter Attack
- Two Palestinians arrested after bomb discovered in Lebanon's Sidon
- Iraqi deputy governor escapes assassination bid as prominent Turkish businessman freed
- Marwan Barghouthi Escapes Assassination