Fateh Says Palestinian Uprising will Continue despite Sharm Accord
A leader of the Fateh faction said on Tuesday the uprising against the Israeli occupation would continue after the "failure" of the Middle East summit, where Israeli and Palestinian leaders agreed on a ceasefire.
"The revolt will continue as long as the Israeli occupation, that is the decision of the Palestinian people," Marwan Barghouthi, Fateh's West Bank leader, told journalists during an anti-Israel demonstration in the West Bank town of Ramallah.
"The summit was destined to fail even before it started and it has failed to remedy the causes of the uprising," Barghouthi added.
Barghouthi is accused by Israel of mobilizing a Fateh paramilitary group known as Tanzim and stoking the wave of violence that has rocked the West Bank and Gaza Strip for almost three weeks -- RAMALLAH, West Bank (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Barghouthi: Israeli Arrest Warrant a Prelude to My Assassination
- Palestinian Factions to Discuss Sharm el-Sheikh Results
- Bloodshed Continues Despite Ceasefire Accord
- Palestinian Factions Reject Sharm Deal, Want Intifada to Continue
- Hamas: Intifada to Continue despite Israeli-Palestinian Agreement to End Violence