Fateh Says Uprising will Go on until End of Israeli Occupation
Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat's Fatah movement said Tuesday that the Intifada, or uprising, would continue until the end of the Israeli occupation and the creation of an independent Palestinian state.
"The Palestinian people's Intifada will go on until we have victory against the Zionist occupation and the establishment of an independent state with Jerusalem as its capital," Fateh said in a statement.
"The resistance against the usurping Zionist occupation and the barbaric Israeli aggression against our people is a legitimate right," it added.
"Our people are determined to fully exercise that right and resist this unjustified aggression with all means at their disposal."
A total of 137 people, most of them Palestinians, have been killed since the eruption of deadly clashes between Palestinians and Israeli troops in the West Bank and Gaza Strip almost four weeks ago – GAZA CITY (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Archimandrite Attalla Hanna: Israel Abolished All Peace Agreements with Bullets and Missiles
- Pro-Palestinian Group in UAE Raises Funds for Swelling Ranks of Bereaved
- Fateh Leader: Intifada's Aim is to End Israeli Occupation
- Fateh: Intifada will Continue Until Palestinian State
- Fateh: The Intifada is a Continuous Battle, and no more Concessions to Barak