In fear of Hamas response: Israel to strengthen security around ministers
Israel's secret services have ordered security tightened around several Israeli ministers, fearing that Hamas would follow through on its threats to revenge Israel's latest assassinations, Israel's Army Radio reported on Tuesday.
In the latest Israeli raid, helicopters fired four missiles at a car in Gaza City on Monday, killing two Hamas activists.
Following this attack, top Hamas official in the Gaza Strip, Abdel Aziz Rantisi vowed revenge for the killings.
Hamas' military wing, Izz a-Din al Qassam Brigades affirmed after Monday's attack that the retaliation to "Zionist crimes" would take place soon and that "the march of Jihad would continue until elimination of the Zionist occupation from Palestinian lands and holy shrines."(Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel increases security at embassies globally in fear of Hezbollah attack
- Israel Raids Force 17 Post, Freezes Buffer Zone Plans amid Security Fears
- Hamas: Izz A-Din al Qassam West Bank Secret Commander Assassinated
- Israel fears Gaza captive could be dead
- Hamas Claims Responsibility for Kfar Saba’s Bomb Blast