FIFA may punish Morocco
The disciplinary commission of FIFA examines complaints about the misbehavior of Moroccan fans during the World Youth Championship Netherlands 2005. On their part, Moroccan officials tried to cool down the situation, promising order during the next game against Brazil.
It is reported that the supporters of Morocco have rioted Tuesday night after their team lost in the semi final game against Nigeria (3-0). The disappointed fans damaged the stadium and many chairs in the stands were broken. Some stewards were threatened, hit and robbed.
Vandalism was also reported in various public sites near the stadium. The police arrested 25 vandals.
- World Youth Championship 2005: Morocco to meet Italy in quarterfinals
- Presidential candidate Prince Ali attacks Fifa’s ‘culture of intimidation’
- Palestine's call to oust Israel from Fifa stirs further controversy
- Moroccan banks provide $1 million financing for World Cup 2010 bid
- Figo proposes 48-team World Cup