Fifth Palestinian Killed in Clashes in West Bank and Gaza
A Palestinian teenager was shot and killed by Israeli soldiers during a clash at the Karni crossing point between Israel and the Gaza Strip, the fifth to die in violent confrontations on Wednesday, medical sources said.
Ibrahim Rizq Omar, 15, from the Shati refugee camp in Gaza City, was shot in the chest at Karni, hospital officials said.
The death brought to 165 the number of people killed or declared clinically dead in more than a month of violent confrontations across the Palestinian territories.
Another two Palestinians were killed at Karni earlier Wednesday and some 30 have been wounded, 12 of them seriously.
Another 17 people were wounded in Rafah, Khan Yunis and near the Karf Darom Jewish settlement in the Gaza Strip.
Two Palestinians were also killed in the West Bank near the town of Bethlehem -- GAZA CITY (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israeli Troops Kill Palestinian Teenager in Gaza Clash
- Israeli Soldiers Kill Third Palestinian in West Bank, Gaza Strip
- Palestinian Boy Dies of Wounds Suffered in Gaza Strip Clashes
- Death Toll Rises to Five in Confrontations with Israeli Troops in Palestinian Lands
- Exchange of Fire Reported in West Bank, no Injuries