The fight against drug-addiction in Algiers
The Health and Population Department (DSP) of the wilaya of Algiers, in collaboration with the Youth and Sports Department of the wilaya, organized Saturday, in the swimming pool of Kittani (Bab El Oued), in Algiers an awareness day in support of the fight against drug-addiction.
The event, which was held under the slogan "Your life is worth it... make the right choice", hosted ten doctors and psychologists, who came to openly discuss with youngsters the dangers of drugs, including tobacco usage as well as the AIDS disease. During this event, reports <i>El Moudjahid</i>, the organizers have also distributed various leaflets and posters on drug-addiction and its dangers to health, to youngsters and their parents.
Mrs. Anissa Belaid, the communication director of DSP explained that the event's location, Kettani swimming pool, was chosen based on the large number of youngsters attending it during the summer, sometimes more than 500 people per day.
- More than One Ton of Drugs Seized by UAE Authorities Last Year
- Inaugurating the course "Supporters of Fighting Drugs"
- Drug Addiction Main Cause of HIV Infection in India Northeast
- Singapore Steps up Efforts to Fight Internet Addiction
- UAE’s Health Ministry Approves Herbal Medicine to Treat Drug Addiction