Financial Services and Insurance Group Holds Inaugural Meeting
40 people attended the inaugural meeting of the Bahrain British Business Forum’s (BBBF) Financial Services and Insurance group (FSIG), recently held at the Royal Golf Club.
The newly formed FSIG aims to capitalize on the strong ties between two strong financial centres - Bahrain and the UK - by focusing on key issues such as governance and regulations. In addition, the group will focus on the burgeoning Islamic finance industry as well as more traditional areas such as insurance and asset management that are emerging strongly into the market.
The meeting, chaired by Premal Patel, head of the FSIG and sponsored by HSBC was an opportunity for the group’s members to meet FSIG’s steering committee and network with other professionals from their industry.
“Bahrain has long been considered the region’s leading financial hub,” said Patel. “This legacy, along with its relationship with the UK, gives us a strong foundation to build upon for the mutual benefit of the two countries.”
The group’s steering committee is comprised of Premal Patel, Executive Director of Veritas Investments, Steve Wagstaff, General Manager of AXA, Rebecca Topping, Head of UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) Bahrain, Myrna Al-Mehaiza, Trade and Investment Officer at UKTI Bahrain and Rohit Garg, Head of Commercial Banking, HSBC.
Photo caption: The BBBF’s Financial Services & Insurance steering committee members
- Al Hilal inaugurated in Abu Dhabi - Fresh thinking inspires “Financial Mall”, innovative products and cutting-edge service
- International General Insurance Holdings limited announces net profits of US$ 12.1 million for 1st half, 2012
- BBBF Organisational Effectiveness Group holds third meeting at Capital Club…
- HSBC HOLDS INAUGURAL US DOLLAR CLEARING SEMINAR FOR FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS IN DUBAI
- british islamic insurance holdings announces the appointment of gulf international bank and investec as its financial advisors