Fire Exchange between Palestinians, Israeli Troops in Hebron
Palestinians and Israeli troops exchanged fire throughout the evening Saturday in Hebron, in the southern West Bank, witnesses and the Israel army said.
There was no word of casualties on either side.
A military spokeswoman said that the troops had responded after Palestinians opened fire on an enclave where some 400 Jews live under the protection of the Israeli army.
The spokeswoman added that the Palestinian fire came from public buildings in the town.
Eight Palestinians were injured in violence earlier Saturday near the West Bank flashpoint of Hebron, including a 13-year-old girl who was in critical condition after being hit in the head on her way home from school, hospital sources said.
There were no immediate reports of deaths in Saturday's clashes. One Palestinian from the West bank village of Hizma near Jerusalem died of his wounds overnight, raising the death toll of the five weeks of violence to 177 -- HEBRON, West Bank (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Palestinian Resistance Wounds Israeli Soldier in Hebron
- Israeli Helicopter Gunships Dispatched to Hebron
- Israeli Forces Storm Village in Tulkarem, Fire Exchanges Reported in West Bank
- Israeli Troops Kill Palestinian in Hebron, Jihad Activist Escapes Assassination in Tulkarem
- Death Toll Rises to 49 in Palestinian-Israeli Clashes