First Arab E-Book Exhibition to be Held
Riyadh will host later this month the first Arab e-book exhibition as part of celebrations to mark its selection as 2000 Arab cultural capital.
This event will be organized by King Faisal Center for Islamic Studies and Research. It will open on March 27th and last until April 15th. Roughly 35 foreign and Arab publishing houses will participate in this unique display, which will include thousands of titles in Arabic, English, French and German, A Sharq al Awsat daily reports.
On the sideline of the exhibition, several cultural programs will take place. These will include lectures on education through electronic means, Arab electronic publishing technologies, the e-book: Britannica encyclopedia as an example, e-publishing and its effect on the libraries services and information centers, old media versus modern media - effects of the e-publishing on the printed press and the development of e-publishing. Most of these lectures will be delivered by leading professors from Saudi universities.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- HBMeU presents employees with copies of Sheikh Mohammed’s ‘Flashes of Inspiration’ at opening of e-book club
- First “Next Move” real estate investment exhibition to be held in Cairo from April 16
- abu dhabi hosts arab world’s first exhibition of picasso masterpieces - 186 works to go on show – 40 piece Arab-influenced collection exclusive to UA
- Riyadh to host first major IT exhibition in April
- Nadia Dajani Held an Exhibition at Blue Fig Café