First national manuscript center of Algeria to open
Khalida Toumi, the Algerian Minister of Culture, has announced that the Ministry will soon launch a project in Adrar for the creation of the first national manuscript center of Algeria. El Moudjahid reports that the Minister made this announcement at the time of her visit to the National Library of Adrar on the occasion of the inatinional book day, which had the title “manuscripts”. Amine Zaoui, the General Manager of the National Library said that the national Library had collected some 200 manuscripts in the last two years, adding that the creation of a national manuscript center will help to preserve these important manuscripts.
- National library of Algeria acquires rare manuscripts from 16th and 17th century
- Michele Amari masterpiece discussed at Algeria National Library
- Special literary evening to blind people in Algeria
- 5th edition of Algeria’s National Book Fair
- Algerian national library sends 15,000 books to Mascara province