Five Executed in Beijing for Violent Crimes
Five criminals were executed in Beijing Monday after being convicted of violent crimes including murder and armed robbery, the state press reported.
Wang Jintian and Sun Yuanming were sentenced to death for the October 1998 murder of a man identified only as Li, who was tricked out of more than 32,000 yuan (3,800 dollars) and then killed, Xinhua news agency said.
After Wang's arrest, investigators found he had murdered four other people and stolen up to 100,000 yuan of goods, the report said.
Also executed was Bu Xiaodong, convicted of a murder in April and the theft of 224,000 yuan in money and goods in Beijing's Changping county, it said.
The report did not give the crimes and names of the other two executed criminals. China normally implements standing death sentences before major holidays such as the New Year -- BEIJING (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- China Truck Driver on Trial for Murder of 14 Prostitutes
- Man Gets Jail Term for Selling Dinosaur Eggs in China
- Sixteen Executed in Beijing
- Bleak expectations: Amnesty execution probe rates Mideast a penalty minefield
- 8 years, 800 lashes for Saudi preacher who 'tortured his five year-old daughter to death'