Five Indians Die in Lagos Building Fire
Five Indians and a domestic worker from Benin died in a fire this week in Nigeria's economic capital Lagos, a radio report said Saturday.
The fire broke out Thursday night in the Surulere area of the city when a generator exploded, engulfing the Indians' residence, the private radio Cool FM reported here.
It said the incident followed a power failure that affected most parts of the country on Thursday.
The domestic worker was said to be attempting to refuel the generator when it exploded, killing her instantly as well as the Indians.
The report said many other people were seriously injured in the inferno.
It said the bodies of the victims had been deposited at the mortuary.
Officials of the Indian embassy here were not immediately available to comment -- LAGOS (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)