Five Injured in Explosion in Basque Country
A member of the Basque police and four Spanish Civil Guard policemen were injured Saturday when a grenade exploded near the Civil Guard headquarters here, the Basque interior ministry said.
Security forces had discovered two grenade launchers targeting the Civil Guard buildings at Intxaurrondo and were attempting to deactivate them when an explosion took place.
The Intxaurrondo barracks is the Civil Guard's headquarters in the Basque province of Guipucoa, and has been the subject of regular attacks by Basque separatists -- SAN SEBASTIAN, Spain (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Grenade Launchers Found ahead of Visit by Spanish King to Basque Town
- Bomb Kills Woman, Injures Two Children in Spain's Basque Region
- Device Explodes outside Socialist Party Offices in Basque Country
- Car Bomb Explodes in Basque Capital in New ETA-Blamed Attack
- Iraq: Five killed, 21 injured in Kirkuk explosion