Five Iraqis, four occupation soldiers killed in attacks
A senior Iraqi policeman was shot dead in the western city of Ramadi, while four Iraqis were killed and 13 wounded in a string of attacks across the country, police and medics said.
Two Iraqi civilians were killed and four wounded in the town of Baqouba on Saturday, when a bomb went off near a US military convoy. The blast missed the convoy but caused damage to nearby cars and left a large crater at the roadside.
In Mosul, one national guardsman was killed when a roadside bomb exploded in the path of his convoy in the Al-Baladiat district of the main northern city, said Captain Aws Mohammed Adel.
In Tall Afar, west of Mosul, the nephew of the director of a state electricity company was killed, when gunmen opened fire outside the home of his uncle, Beshir Mohammed, deputy Mosul governor Hazem Kalawi said.
Meanwhile, two American troops were killed and three wounded by a roadside bomb near the Iraqi city of Samarra, some 100 km north of Baghdad, a US military spokesman said on Saturday.
According to Reuters, he said the attack took place at 5:55 p.m. (1355 GMT) on Friday during a military patrol.
In Baghdad, resistance fighters fired a rocket-propelled grenade at a U.S. military vehicle, killing one American soldier, the military said.
Elsewhere, a Polish soldier was killed and six others wounded in a car bomb attack in southern Iraq, the Polish military said, according to AFP. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- US soldier injured in Mosul explosion amid calls for ceasfire during celebration of Eid al-Fitr
- Baghdad: Five Iraqis dead as two occupation soldiers killed in attacks
- Five Iraqis wounded in Baghdad attack as US soldier killed in rocket attack; At least nine Iraqis killed in Najaf, Kufa
- 20 Iraqis, five US soldiers killed in attacks
- Iraq: U.S. soldier killed in convoy attack near Baqouba