Flash announces International Pop Sensation Rihanna’s Middle Eastern debut at spectacular New Year’s Eve concert in Abu Dhabi.
Flash Entertainment today announced news to thrill music fans across the region, as worldwide pop sensation Rihanna is set to make her Middle East debut, bringing in 2010 in true style in what promises to be the ultimate New Year’s Eve celebration for Abu Dhabi.
Performing number one hits like ‘Disturbia,’ ‘Umbrella,’ and ‘Don’t Stop the Music,’ alongside new tracks such as ‘Russian Roulette’, Rihanna will transform the West Lawn of Abu Dhabi’s Emirates Palace, into a pulsing dance-floor of over 15,000 party-goers. With the pop diva’s fourth album scheduled for release on November 23, 2009, Abu Dhabi revellers will be among the first in the world to hear Rihanna perform her latest hits, live.
At just 17 years old, Rihanna stormed onto the market in 2005 and now claims the most number one singles for any female solo artist this decade.
“With a superstar like Rihanna leading the countdown to 2010, this concert promises to be the hottest ticket in town on the biggest night of the year,” said Managing Director of Flash, John Lickrish. “In just four years, Rihanna has established herself as a pop icon, with millions of records sold worldwide and a huge following here in the Middle East. We’re thrilled to host her regional debut and promise concert- goers a hugely entertaining, all-night New Year’s Eve party on a scale they’ve never seen before.”
Flash also announced that the ‘La Rumba’ party zone is back, and this year will play host to an exclusive ensemble of internationally-renowned DJs before and after Rihanna’s show, headlined by hip-hop supremo DJ Green Lantern – who has spun for the likes of Eminem – cooking up late-night beats for those chasing the first dawn of 2010.
A host of regional and international DJs will be confirmed by Flash in the coming weeks, for what will be a unique and eclectic night of hip- hop, R&B, pop and dance music.
- Rihanna thrills Abu Dhabi at Flash Entertainment’s spectacular New Year’s Eve concert
- Rihanna fans snap up tickets as anticipation builds for Flash Entertainment’s showpiece New Year’s Eve event in Abu Dhabi
- Creamfields Abu Dhabi proves a huge success as thousands descend on Abu Dhabi for over 10 hours of exhilarating dance music
- Flash Entertainment scoop a double victory at the Sound & Stage Middle East Awards 2010
- Flash Entertainment announces popular music legend Sir Tom Jones will perform in Abu Dhabi