Flash Entertainment scoop a double victory at the Sound & Stage Middle East Awards 2010
The team at Flash Entertainment is celebrating a double victory this week, after walking away with two coveted titles at the Sound and Stage Middle East Awards 2010.
The Abu Dhabi-based live events company won Event Promoter of the Year (for the second year in succession) as well as Event Production of the Year for the spectacular Yasalam after-race concerts on Yas Island.
The After-Race concerts took place during the inaugural 2010 Formula One Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix weekend in a specially constructed concert arena, and over four nights saw 155,000 people enjoy performances by Beyoncé, Jamiroquai, Kings of Leon and Aerosmith.
The awards cap a hugely successful 2009 for the Flash team, during which they brought Rihanna, The Killers, Coldplay & Andrea Bocelli to the capital, launched two new festival formats with Creamfields Abu Dhabi and Wakestock Abu Dhabi, and delivered the second Capitala World Tennis Championship - their award-winning international tennis tournament.
Speaking of the win, John Lickrish Managing Director commented, ‘It gives everyone at Flash a huge lift to be recognized and congratulated by our industry peers. I would like to thank our sponsors, suppliers, artists and everyone involved with Flash for their creativity, energy, enthusiasm and support. Roll on 2010’.
- Beyoncé opens the Grand Prix race weekend with stunning performance in Abu Dhabi as Flash’s Yasalam after-race concerts kick into gear on Yas Island
- Jamiroquai thrills audience with electric performance on Yas Island for the second night of the Yasalam After-Race Concerts
- Flash Entertainment Purchases Minority Interest in Ultimate Fighting Championship(R) (UFC(R))
- Rihanna fans snap up tickets as anticipation builds for Flash Entertainment’s showpiece New Year’s Eve event in Abu Dhabi
- Rihanna thrills Abu Dhabi at Flash Entertainment’s spectacular New Year’s Eve concert