FM: Iran not to interfere in Iraqi affairs
Iran's Foreign Minister Kamal Kharazi has offered renewed assurances to visiting Iraqi Governing Council chairman Jalal Talabani that Tehran will not meddle in the internal affairs of war-stricken Iraq, IRNA reported.
"Tehran's policy is not to interfere in Iraqi internal affairs," Kharazi told Talabani, who also heads the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) and is visiting Iran on a two-day visit.
"Tehran is ready to help bring about stability to Iraq," Kharazi said, calling for the "establishment of an independent and strong Iraqi government based on the will of the Iraqi people." (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Hectic diplomatic activity in Tehran: Khatami meets Turkish PM, Kuwaiti FM; Talabani ends visit
- Tehran condemns Bush ''interference in Iran`s internal affairs''
- Iranian FM lashes out at France over "interference" in elections
- Iran dismisses US allegations of Iraq interference
- Iran FM: Presence of foreign forces - source of attacks in Iraq