FM: Iran not to interfere in Iraqi affairs
Iran's Foreign Minister Kamal Kharazi has offered renewed assurances to visiting Iraqi Governing Council chairman Jalal Talabani that Tehran will not meddle in the internal affairs of war-stricken Iraq, IRNA reported.
"Tehran's policy is not to interfere in Iraqi internal affairs," Kharazi told Talabani, who also heads the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) and is visiting Iran on a two-day visit.
"Tehran is ready to help bring about stability to Iraq," Kharazi said, calling for the "establishment of an independent and strong Iraqi government based on the will of the Iraqi people." (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Hectic diplomatic activity in Tehran: Khatami meets Turkish PM, Kuwaiti FM; Talabani ends visit
- Iran’s Foreign Minister briefs British, French counterparts on Iraqi FM’s visit
- FM: Iran not to adopt ''neutral stance'' on possible US attack on Iraq
- Iraq president backs plan to decentralize the country
- Iranian FM Set to Visit Baghdad on Friday