FM: Libya accepts civil responsibility for 1988 Lockerbie bombing
Libya accepts civil responsibility for the 1988 Lockerbie airliner bombing, Foreign Minister Abdel Rahman Shalgham told AFP.
"My country has accepted civil responsibility for the actions of its officials in the Lockerbie affair, in conformity with international civil law and the agreement reached in London in March by Libyan, American and British officials," he said Tuesday.
- Blair spokesman says UK receives assurances Libya accepts responsibility for Lockerbie
- Report: Libya's acceptance of Lockerbie only after assurances no legal action will be taken
- Lockerbie Verdict Places Pressure on Libya
- Libya, U.S. Begin Secret Dialogue for Normalisation
- US lifts travel ban on Libya after Tripoli's acceptance of responsibility for Pan Am 103 case