FM: Russia accepts Israeli offer to cooperate in fight against '\'terror'\'
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov accepted Israel’s offer to share its experience of combating armed groups, following the recent Russian school tragedy. He said the cooperation would give a boost to the fight against global "terror," Associated Press reported Monday.
Speaking to Israeli opposition leader Shimon Peres at the start of a day of meetings with Israeli officials, Lavrov said terrorism is one of the biggest challenges facing the international community.
“We appreciate the very strong readiness of the Israeli people to help Russia at this hour and this will certainly strengthen the counterterrorist coalition these days,” AP quoted him as saying said. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Home destroyed in Gaza; Sharon backs U.S. '\'roadmap'\', Bush understands Israel fight against '\'terror'\'
- Turkish FM: Syria, Iran cooperating in fight against terrorism
- Israel Reiterates Offer to Help in Fight against Terrorism
- US Faces Fight To Rally Anti-Terror Backing From Strike-Shy Saudi Arabia
- Russian FM: Retaliatory Strike will not Solve Terror Threat