FM spokesman: Iran not to neglect right to enrich uranium
Spokesman for Iranian foreign ministry, Hamid-Reza Asefi, stressed on Sunday that Tehran has suspended its uranium enrichment activities since November 9, 2003.
He said "this is by no means a matter of stopping uranium enrichment activities. Iran will not neglect its legal rights. Making use of atomic energy for peaceful purposes is our legal and natural right."
Quoted by IRNA, the spokesman dismissed claims made by The Los Angles Times daily on Iran-Pakistan nuclear cooperation and said that report "is tarnished and could not be trusted."
- FM spokesman: Proposing Iran uranium enrichment plan is MPs '\'right'\'
- Spokesman: Iran soon to stop uranium enrichment process
- Iran FM: Iraq is mismanaged, Tehran not committed to suspend uranium enrichment
- FM: Iran to resume uranium enrichment once ''problems'' with IAEA resolved
- FM: Iran ready for nuclear compromise