Foot-and-Mouth Disease Discovered in Yemen
Tens of cases of foot-and-mouth disease were reported in the Yemeni province of Hodeidah late last week, said the weekly Yemen Times.
The first cases were identified last week in the Tihama coastal and western areas of Al-Mahabisha region, where several animals died after suffering from the symptoms of the disease, said the weekly.
"If action is not taken and certain measures are not applied, there could be disastrous effects on the economy as hundreds of thousands of people depend on livestock as their source of income," a health ministry official told the weekly.
The disease has hit Saudi Arabia, UAE, Iran, Turkey and Palestine - Albawaba.com
- UAE’s Sharjah Free of Foot-and-Mouth Disease
- UAE Detects Eight Cases of Foot-and-Mouth Disease
- Saudi Arabia Reports First two Cases of Foot-and-Mouth, Eight New Cases Discovered in UAE
- More than Two Million Livestock Vaccinated against Foot-and-Mouth in Iran
- Three Cases of Foot-And-Mouth Disease Identified in Iran