Ford Wins Case to Scrap its UAE Agent
The Dubai court of first instance on Monday ruled in favor of Ford Motor Co (Ford) in its bid to annul its agency contract with Galadari Automobile Co, its UAE dealership, reported the Gulf News.
The court, while allowing the termination of the agency contract, also ruled that it be de-registered from the UAE Commercial Agencies Register, a senior Ford spokesperson told the paper.
The lower court dismissed the Galadari Automobile counter-claim seeking compensation from Ford.
"We are quite pleased with the outcome of yesterday's judgement by the Dubai Court of First Instance," said Sue Nigoghossian, public affairs manager at Ford's regional operations in Dubai.
Galadari Automobile has a month to appeal the ruling.
The local company had exclusively represented Ford in the UAE since 1987 – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Tom Ford Menswear Launches In Beirut
- Top Dubai Court Halts Ruling on Ford Agency Contract
- Suspicious much? US show "Homeland" scraps Muslim terror storyline following #CharlieHebdo attacks
- EUROPE STILL TOPS WITH UAE TRAVELLERS BUT US WINS BACK MORE VISITORS
- AlMansoori Appointed by Neptune in United Arab Emirates