Foreign Minister: Israeli Prime Minister to meet Palestinian counterpart soon
Israel's Prime Minister Ariel Sharon is due to meet his Palestinian counterpart, Ahmed Qurei, also known as Abu Ala, within ten days, Israel's foreign minister said Thursday.
"The first thing that will happen is a meeting between Prime Minister Sharon and Abu Ala. This is expected within 10 days in my opinion," Minister Silvan Shalom told Army Radio.
Meanwhile, Israeli press reports said Sharon would not meet Qurei before he returns from a trip to Italy, planned for early next week. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Egypt's foreign minister due to visit Israel for talks with counterpart, prime minister
- Sources: Palestinian Prime Minister delays expected meeting with Israeli counterpart
- Israeli FM: Bush, Sharon and Abbas likely to convene next week in Jordan
- German Foreign Minister to visit Israel, Palestine for talks
- Arafat, Peres Likely to Meet in Lisbon