Foreign Minister: Israeli Prime Minister to meet Palestinian counterpart soon
Israel's Prime Minister Ariel Sharon is due to meet his Palestinian counterpart, Ahmed Qurei, also known as Abu Ala, within ten days, Israel's foreign minister said Thursday.
"The first thing that will happen is a meeting between Prime Minister Sharon and Abu Ala. This is expected within 10 days in my opinion," Minister Silvan Shalom told Army Radio.
Meanwhile, Israeli press reports said Sharon would not meet Qurei before he returns from a trip to Italy, planned for early next week. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Sharon Starts First Day as Israeli Prime Minister
- Egypt's foreign minister due to visit Israel for talks with counterpart, prime minister
- Minister: Palestinian Prime Minister to be appointed soon
- The Governor of the BMA meets his counterpart in Japan
- Sources: Palestinian Prime Minister delays expected meeting with Israeli counterpart