Former Egyptian Minister Appointed New Secretary for Arab Economic Unity Council
Former Egyptian minister of commerce and supply Ahmad Gweili has assumed his new post as a new secretary general for the Arab economic unity council for five years in succession of Hassan Ibrahim who served for 12 years as head of the council, reported ArabicNews.com.
Gweili took the legal oath Thursday before the council at the ministerial level, in the presence of the secretary general of the Arab League Esmat Abdel-Meguid.
Abdel-Meguid stressed that electing Gweili for the post of the secretary general will give a new impetus to the council - Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Arab League Hopes Security Council Lift up Sanctions on Sudan
- Yemen Backs Egypt’s Nomination of FM for Arab League Top Seat
- Kuwait to Honor Arab League Chief Abdel Meguid
- General Secretary of Arab Economic Unity Council denounces US pressures on Syria
- Arab League to Start Contacts for Preparing Urgent Arab Summit