Former Iran president: European Union, Iran can reach nuclear agreement
Former Iranian president, Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani on Friday stated that the way is open for the European Union to reach an agreement with Tehran on the nuclear issue if its representatives act more rationally and stop being too demanding.
He made these remarks during his second sermon in Friday Prayers which was attended by tens of thousands of people who had earlier participated in rallies marking International Qods (Jerusalem) Day.
According to IRNA, he expressed delight over the fact that talks on the Iran nuclear issue were proceeding forward step by step, making Iran only one or two steps away from its desired result.
Turning to the Iraqi issue, he said that the actions of US forces in Fallujah and Mosul prove the depth of their hatred and the extent to which they are willing to go to achieve their objectives in Iraq. "The crimes America is committing in Iraq are the necessary outcome of their objectives in coming to Iraq," he added. (albawaba.com)
- Former president: Iran ready to talks with U.S. ” without pre-condition”
- Former president: Iran not looking for nuclear arms
- Former Iranian president says accusations regarding Iraq - ”absurd”
- Former president: Iran not to give up right to develop nuclear energy
- Former president: No room for atomic bombs in Iran nuclear program