Former Iran president: Roots of terrorism - in the US
Former Iranian president and the current Expediency Council (EC) Chairman, Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani on Friday said that terrorism is a problem that has its roots in the West and the US.
Speaking at the weekly Friday Prayers gathering in Tehran University campus, he referred to the US-backed Mujahedeen Khalq Organization (MKO) as responsible for the killing of many Iranian officials. "Even today, the MKO is supported by the US. If it did not have the support of Washington, its members would never have been allowed to stay in Iraq. "The fact that the MKO and supporters of the former dictator Saddam Hussein had been killing innocent Iraqis over the past 10-12 years means they had the support of the US as they would not have been able to continue committing crimes that long," he added, according to IRNA.
Rafsanjani was hopeful the US has learned its lesson from Iraq by now and that this would have an impact on a whole generation of Americans. (albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran slams US ceasefire deal with terrorist group
- Powell says Saddam should be assumed innocent as Tehran states ''crimes'' against Iranians should not be ignored
- Former Iranian president mocks latest ''US terror threats''
- Former Iranian presdient says U.S. leads world ''into a big danger''
- Former Iranian president: Israel makes lot of ''hue and cry'' from Sinai blasts