Former Iranian president stresses right to use nuclear technology
Former Iranian president, Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani, said on Tuesday that it is the legitimate right of Iran to make use of nuclear technology for peaceful purses.
In a meeting with Australian Ambassador to Tehran Gregory Lawrence Moriarty, he said, according to IRNA, the current negotiations between Iran and three European countries should continue based on international rules and regulations.
Criticizing prolongation of talks on uranium enrichment, he said Iran never ignores its legitimate right to benefit from peaceful application of nuclear technology and is to convince the international community of its peaceful plans.
- Former Iran president defends right of access to nuclear energy
- Rafsanjani critical of "incompetent" and "ignorant" leadership in Iran
- Iran president stresses need for continuation of nuclear activities
- Former Iran president: Giving up nuclear rights - ”disgrace”
- Former president: Iran not to give up right to develop nuclear energy