Former Iranian president urges US to change policy
Former Iranian president, Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani said on Friday that the US must stop its previous positions toward Iran if it wants to re-establish ties with the Islamic Republic.
"If the US wants to extend a hand of friendship toward Iran, it must stop repeating its past remarks against the Islamic Republic," Rafsanjani said in a sermon of Tehran Friday prayers.
"The US cannot be interested in re-establishing relations with the Islamic Republic with the same baseless remarks of the past."
According to IRIB, he said the US has always been carrying out hostilities against Iran over the past years, and said Washington has taken numerous measures against Iran and Muslims all over those years. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Former Iranian president: US should look for peaceful approaches toward Tehran
- Former Iran presidents sets conditions for signing additional protocol to NPT
- Former Iranian president says accusations regarding Iraq - ”absurd”
- Former Iranian president: US wants to loot Iran's rich natural resources
- Former president: Iran ready to talks with U.S. ” without pre-condition”