Former Iranian president vows to crush enemies
Expediency Council (EC) Chairman and former Iranian president Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani on Thursday said that the Iranian nation will "once again give a crushing and decisive response to the enemies."
Addressing a gathering paying respect to war martyrs, he stressed that national resistance will ensure consolidation of power and stability of the Islamic Republic system. The Iranian nation has repeatedly disappointed the enemies in various periods and events, including the 1979 Islamic Revolution, the 1980-88 Iraqi-imposed war, era of construction and period of imposed sanctions by bullying powers, Rafsanjani reiterated, according to IRNA.
Rafsanjani also urged Iranian to be vigilant against such conspiracies aimed at weakening the Islamic nation.
- Former Iranian president: Defeated enemy ”is still arrogant”
- Iran vows ”crushing” response as Pakistan denies links to attack
- President: Iran to neutralize the enemies' conspiracies
- Iran's Khatami Crushes Opponents, Wins Landslide Mandate for More Reforms
- In State of Union address: Bush defends Iraq War, vows to challenge ''enemies of reform'' in the Middle East