Former Iraqi interior minister and another top official detained by US forces
Two more top Iraqi officials from the "US most wanted list" have been taken into custody.
Mahmud Dhiyab al-Ahmad, former interior minister and number 29 on the list, was captured by occupation forces at an unknown location.
Mizban Khadr Hadi, a member of the former ruling Revolutionary Command Council, turned himself in to occupation forces in Baghdad, US Central Command said.
Hadi was also commander of Iraq's central Euphrates region, and reported directly to the toppled Iraqi President, Saddam Hussein. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- US forces raid village near Tikrit, former top Iraqi officials detained
- Iraq: US forces detain senior Iraqi official
- US to provide proof Uday and Qusay dead as another former Iraqi official captured
- US forces capture former Iraq air defense force commander, trade minister
- Iraqi President Dismisses Interior Minister