Former Mossad boss: Arafat and Saddam will disappear ''within one year''
Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat and Iraqi President Saddam Hussein will vanish from the world scene within a year, the former chief of Israel's secret service Mossad told Thursday Maariv newspaper. "Within a year, Yasser Arafat and Saddam Hussein will have disappeared from the scene," Ephraim Halevy stated.
He added that "in two or three years, there could be changes in Iran," and predicted that the Iranian Islamic regime could possibly collapse, given certain conditions.
"Part of the Iranian leadership is in disagreement with the regime's official line which calls for the destruction of Israel," he commented.
According to Halevy, "many signs show that Al-Qaeda terror group leader Osama Bin Laden was killed...but there is no body."
Halevy led the Mossad for over four years before being appointed head of Israel's national security council two months ago. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Mossad chief threatens Iran, other Arab states aiming to attain weapons of mass destruction
- Report: Mossad chief to quit due to disagreement with Sharon policy
- Report: CIA, Mossad discuss PA security reforms
- Mossad Chief: Bin Laden Maintains Ties With Hizbollah; Iran Develops Nuclear Weapons
- Report: Saddam offered Arafat political asylum in case Israel exiles him